Researchers emphasize that practicing sports brings benefits to your body, as it increases the pumping of the heart to prevent dementia, heart attacks, and improve moods. The mind, however, is a key factor in becoming an athlete, so it is necessary that you know yourself well.
Evolution Soccer Academy shows you the steps to become a good athlete, keep reading!
A good athlete’s mind in 5 steps!
- Set goals to achieve. Not just a final goal such as a championship, but short-term objectives that will help you practice and also to plan the strategies to achieve it.
- Self-confidence. It is an essential characteristic of all athletes since they need to rely on their own capabilities and believe their performance will help them achieve their goals.
- Discipline. It is without a doubt a crucial feature that helps you stay constant in your goals and your training.
- Positive beliefs. It is what will give you strength and empower you in the face of adversity.“I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times they have relied on me to take the shot winning the game, and I have failed. I’ve failed over and over, and again in my life. “-Michael Jordan.
- Visualization. Recognize and accept emotions for or against your goals, as a preparation routine; it is fundamental to achieve concentration when competing against your adversaries.
It is vital to balance our two mental states: the conscious one in which we know what to do, and the unconscious one, which we do not control. That way we can reach a point of emotional stability and not stagnate in frustration. Try it!
Evolution Soccer Academy, elite training for young athletes
Facebook: Evolution Soccer Academy USA